– Good afternoon.
(mellow guitar music) Thank you for joining
Eureka Springs Channel. I’m here in the Historic
District of Eureka Springs, and I’m talking, today, with Mark Hicks. And, you are here at the
18, tell me the name of it? – The 1884 Historic Bridgeford House. – Bridgeford House (claps hands), 18. – Uh hmm, 1884.
– Wow. – This house is a historic landmark. It’s on the historic register. – It’s beautiful.
– Uh hmm. – It’s beautiful.
– It is. – [Melodye] And, you newly acquired this not too long ago, right? – A year ago, I acquired it a year ago. – Uh huh.
– Yes. – Well, it’s a beautiful,
beautiful property, guys. And, it’s a bed and breakfast, here. – It has been a bed and
breakfast since 1984. It’s almost one of the
older bed and breakfasts still operating, here in Eureka Springs. – Yes, and you have, I think
there’s lots of rooms, here. I didn’t realize, when
I came on the property, how big it is in here. (claps hands) It’s beautiful. – There’s five suites, now. This house was originally
two floors and four rooms. And, through the years, it’s
had additions added on to it. And now, it’s five guest
suites with a penthouse for the innkeeper.
– Wow. – Uh hmm.
– Five rooms, and each one of them,
you’ve cleverly named them. Tell us about the rooms. – Well, they all retain
the name like they kept in Bridgeford and the Mary
Bridgeford from the Bridgefords that owned this.
– Right. – And then, the others, the Staffordshire and the Nottinghamshire,
were their heritage where they were from.
– Okay. – And, the Georgianna was the first owner before the Bridgeford,
one of Eureka Springs’ first school teachers
– Oh, well. – who owned the house. And, it retained her name as well. – Okay, okay.
– Uh hmm. – So, tell us a little
bit about each room, the Nottinghamshire. – Nottinghamshire.
– Okay, tell us about it. – [Mark] That’s our king size bedroom with a double Jacuzzi tub
and twin guest showers for a, dual controls,
– Okay. – private deck, gas fireplace. All the rooms have
coffee pots, microwaves, – Nice.
– refrigerators, uh hmm. – Just stay in my room and
not every leave. (laughs) – You could just stay. The Nottinghamshire has a
private deck out the back with a beautiful view of the Ozarks. – Yes, I did see that. It was beautiful, beautiful.
– Uh hmm. – And then, we have,
so the Nottinghamshire and the other room is on one level. What’s in the other room? – The Staffordshire is the king
size with baths and bathtub. All of ’em have private baths. They don’t all have Jacuzzis. That one has a, just a regular bathtub – Okay.
– and a queen size bed – Okay.
– with access right off of the main parlor hall for
the front porch for seating. – Okay, and then we go downstairs,
and we have downstairs. – Downstairs, the guest dining
room and the guest kitchen. – Okay.
– And the Captain Bridgeford Room is off of the guest dining room. – [Melodye] Okay, guest
kitchen, that’s unusual for everybody to have at a B and B. That’s nice.
– We are, there’s a 24 hour hot
coffee/tea bar down there. There’s a wine chiller if they wanna use to chill their wines.
– Uh hmm. – There’s washer, dryer,
ironing board, wine glasses, dishware, whatever they
might need for their stay. – How convenient. That’s nice to have that.
– Uh hmm, it is. – That’s unusual. And then, we go down a, let’s
see, we go down another level for the next room, right? – To the Georgianna Suite.
– Georgianna, okay. – [Mark] That’s a queen
size with a gas fireplace and a double Jacuzzi as
well, with a private deck. – Nice.
– Georgianna has private parking in the back. You know, our parking here
in Eureka Springs can be at a premium.
– Uh hmm. – We do have private parking
back there for the Georgianna as well as the other guests.
– Sure, sure. And, so then the Georgianna,
and then we have, we have two other rooms, right? – Mary Bridgeford Room
– Mary Bridgeford, okay. – [Mark] is mid-level, the middle floor. – Okay.
– It’s a queen size with a Jacuzzi tub as well. – Okay, and then the other
one, the Captain Bridgeford? – The Captain Bridgeford Room.
– Okay. – [Mark] The Captain is a
king with a gas fireplace. It has a deck that exits
off into the garden, our sunken garden.
– Right. – [Mark] The Captain Bridgeford
Room has the original clawfoot tub in it.
– Oh, wow, wow! – Uh hmm.
– We found a king, for sure, in there, right?
– (laughs) And, it’s a big, soaking tub, too, let me tell ya. – Oh.
– You can stretch out in it. – How nice.
– Yeah. – Wow, and so that one
walks out into the garden. – The garden.
– Tell us about the garden area a little bit. – [Mark] It won awards
for bein’ a sunken garden. You know, the Koi pond. We do weddings there.
– Nice. – [Mark] And, you know,
with the good weather, we do a lotta weddings, here. We can accommodate up to 15
people for a garden wedding. The weather’s bad, we bring
’em in and can marry them here in the parlor.
– Okay. And so tell us, you have,
as with all B and B’s, you have I’m sure, a wonderful
breakfast, right? (laughs) – All the guests, a complimentary,
continental breakfast is available to all the guests, self-serve in the dining room.
– Okay. – It’s an expanded breakfast. There’s hard boiled eggs,
fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, cereal, oatmeal.
– Oh my. – It’s an expanded breakfast. We do have two breakfast options, here. You can also, for an additional fee, have a full, gourmet prepared for you and served to your door
for in-room dining. – Oh, wow that’s nice.
– Private, in-room dining. – How romantic is that?
– Very romantic. – Wow.
– That’s why we do that. It’s just, you know.
– Yeah, yeah. – So, there’s two breakfast options, here. – Yeah.
– You can do self-serve continental
or opt to, you know, get your own breakfast.
– Very good, very good. Well, you guys have
decorated just beautifully. We just got to showin’ some of the footage around in each room. (claps hands) I’m sure you guys enjoyed looking
and picking out your room. So, where can folks go to find out how to, where do they go to book? What’s that arrangement like for you guys? – The website on bridgefordhouse.com, www.bridgefordhouse.com.
– Bridgeford House. – Or, just call the inn number. We’ll be glad to help you. – And, what’s that phone number, Mark? – Area code 479, area code 253-7853. – 7853, and I guess folks that are wanting to get married or that sort of thing, they can find information
about that as well on your website?
– Uh hmm, yes. There’s wedding packages on there. – Okay.
– It can be from the intimate, just for the two, including a night’s stay with a small, two-person cake and champagne. Or, we can accommodate
up to 15 guests as well. – Wonderful, well, very
unusual property in the fact that you can do (claps hands)
it indoors and outdoors for weddings, and the garden, guys. If you’re lookin’ at
those particular images, they are, it is a beautiful area, so. – Uh hmm, it is beautiful. – Really a perfect
property to have a getaway, romantic getaway, or just
to relax, or get married. – [Mark] Yeah, (mumbles)
Spring Street, and we are on the trolley stop, you know. – Yep.
– You can walk out the door, leave the car
parked, and two houses down, you can pick up the trolley stop. – [Melodye] That’s right; that’s right. How convenient, just park
and just forget it all. – Well, you know, and it’s a
eight minute walk downtown. – That’s true.
– It’s a nice, leisurely walk through the garden. – Very true.
– You know, in the district, you just walk downtown. – Very true, very true. Well, you guys have done a
wonderful job. (claps hands) – Thank you, thank you. – And, congratulations, and
have another successful, another successful business for you. – We’ll keep it goin’. This thing’s been goin’ since the ’80s. – Yeah, yeah.
– So, we’ll just keep it goin’, yeah. – If it’s not broke, don’t
try to fix it, right? – (chuckles) Nope.
– (chuckles) So. Well, guys, you can find
more at bridgefordhouse.com. – www.bridgefordhouse.com.
– All right. – And welcome, we’re glad to have you. – I’m sure. Well, you guys will have
a wonderful time, here. It’s a beautiful place. So, go and check it out,
and thank you for watching Eureka Springs Channel. We’ll see you next time, bye, bye.